L 260

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
A friend made me a bumper some what like what came on it. I loaded the tires with Rim Guard, (beet juice) with a sump pump. We put an upright bar attachment from Northern Tool on the drawbar up to the third link that accepts a 2" reciever and added some grab hooks to it. Also widened the back wheels out. So were hauling some trees for firewood and hauling a trailer with stove length wood. It does a good job and is easier to manuver than our Oliver. Its a real handy size. It runs good, I'm pleased with it.
David Page, Maine Man

The Front wheel weights have W 12 on them.

Last edited:

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I still have to take a picture. And we still want to paint after taking care of some type of oil leak. The front weights that were given to me where supposedly for a Farmall Cub- can't verify that but they are that color. The weights are 64 lbs. each and have a W 12 on them. I had to grind some for the valve stem but the four bolt holes are the same 7 1/2 inch so I was really pleased. I'm new to Kubota but am happy with it. The old Oliver is good on level ground but its also a 1953. My L 260 doesn't have a bucket. Have fun with it, David