Kubota Paint color

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Can someone tell me and after market paint to match the frame color of the late model B7100 ( Gray). My dealer does not carry the gray color paint.
mike

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58158#post58158

You'll have to get it color matched.
Find a good automotive paint shop, one with a competent paint tech.
I don't have a formula to give you as this was matched by eye, not machine.

If you want a quality finish, one that will last, use an automotive grade paint. I used and acrylic urethane. The oil based products are crap, they take forever to dry, stay soft, and fade quickly.

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Thanks for the Information.
I added power steering to my B7100 and I am wanting to paint the brackets I made, I found some rattle can Blue that matches the old kubota frame color and would like to find some to match the new (gray) color. I am not painting on the tractor just brackets so I not looking for the best paint , just some thing easy to use and matches close. I guess I can take a piese off the tractor and take it to be color matched . I just thought some one on here might know of a color that they use.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Thanks for the Information.
I added power steering to my B7100 and I am wanting to paint the brackets I made, I found some rattle can Blue that matches the old kubota frame color and would like to find some to match the new (gray) color. I am not painting on the tractor just brackets so I not looking for the best paint , just some thing easy to use and matches close. I guess I can take a piese off the tractor and take it to be color matched . I just thought some one on here might know of a color that they use.
No, I could not find the gray/blue color either.

You could take the door off the compartment under the fuel tank and go to a regualar paint store and have them color match a quart of industrial oil-based paint.......cost you about $12-$18.

Could you please post some pics of your power steering set up?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Yes!! Please post some pictures of the power steering.

coralhead

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 29, 2012
S Indiana
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58158#post58158

You'll have to get it color matched.
Find a good automotive paint shop, one with a competent paint tech.
I don't have a formula to give you as this was matched by eye, not machine.

If you want a quality finish, one that will last, use an automotive grade paint. I used and acrylic urethane. The oil based products are crap, they take forever to dry, stay soft, and fade quickly.
I am painting my B7100 ('93) and am using base/clear. I have the matched paint for Nason (dupont) if you are interested. It is a formula for a quart.

Let me know if you are interested. I also have the oranged matched as well.

John

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
I like your homemade fork setup. That is a neat idea. I will plan on making myself one this summer. Thanks for the pictures.