Kubota just Died

rkturner

Equipment
Kubota B1700
Jun 14, 2012
Dahlonega, Georgia
I've had a B1700 for ten years that is just a fantastic machine that hardly ever gives me any trouble, but it did yesterday. I was pulling a landscaping mower and had been mowing for about an hour when it just stopped working and went dead -- boom, just like that.

I brought my charger down to the pasture and tried to restart it but when I turned the key, I got no dash light lights, no indication that any power is getting to anything. The battery is fully charged. I checked the fuses and wires, but nothing is broken. I'm thinking now that it must be the switch, so I have to take the dash off. Anybody know how I take the dash off or have an idea of what could be wrong besides the switch? Thanks for your consideration.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Have you checked that the two battery cables are clean and tight at BOTH ends? that means taking them off , cleaning the cable ends,and in the case of the eath one,rubbing the frame around the fixing bolt until its bright!
dave

Last edited:

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Did you check all your fuses? This model has an electric fuel cut off solenoid if I remember correctly so I will bet a fuse or burn out in the hot line going to the switch. Time to break out the old trusty multimeter. Also be sure to check the ground connection to the block and give it a good cleaning.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
You nailed it Dave. I shined up both ends of the ground and hot cables, and it started after a charge. Thank you!
Thanks for posting an update,it may help others with the same symptoms.
dave