Kubota BH77 not wanting to dig.

xmv

Equipment
l3800
Apr 4, 2021
Tennessee
I've got an l3800 with a BH77 backhoe attachment. I was doing some work for a guy and using it pretty hard and blew a hose. My hose guy was closed, so I just quit for the day. He called and told me that he had gotten a hose made and installed it for me. I dont know if there was some trash in the line when he installed it, I broke something in a vale or what, but now the backhoe doesnt want to draw itself back to me. All the other functions seem to work fine. I can pull it a couple times and it will work, but it acts really weak. What could it be?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I've got an l3800 with a BH77 backhoe attachment. I was doing some work for a guy and using it pretty hard and blew a hose. My hose guy was closed, so I just quit for the day. He called and told me that he had gotten a hose made and installed it for me. I dont know if there was some trash in the line when he installed it, I broke something in a vale or what, but now the backhoe doesnt want to draw itself back to me. All the other functions seem to work fine. I can pull it a couple times and it will work, but it acts really weak. What could it be?
Busted cylinder..............piston to push rod failure..............

Dave

xmv

Equipment
l3800
Apr 4, 2021
Tennessee
Mechanic determined that it is a relief valve. Any one know what the part numbers are for the relief valves and where to order them?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thank you. Are the relief valves interchangeable?
Yes, if it shows the same part number for each relief valve. The two relief valves on each section are interchangeable. A quick test is to swap the upper and lower valve, then see if the failure follows the relief valve.