Judge has no clue

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Yup, just saw it on the news. I feel bad about what happened up there. But don't agree with them being able to sue a manufacturer, because of what an end user decided to do with a product.

But sadly, the judges ruling isn't the first on the subject. This one just happened to have the publicity. I know of one a few years back where there was an accidental death. Family sued everyone from the manufacturer of the equipment, the dealer, the owner, and anyone who had anything to do with the equipment.

Person that died, was first day on the job, no supervision, and the only training on the equipment was how to start it and where the throttle was :eek:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Hopefully, if it actually gets to see the light of a court room, it will be dismissed.

Had Lanza used a butter knife, would we all be denied the right to butter our toast?:eek:

The fault with Sandy Hook lay with Adams dad and brother (as far as I know, the only ones without serious mental issues). They both knew Mrs. Lanza was nutz and had a horde of guns and that Adam was nutz and had access to them and neither the fatehr or brother did anything to try to get them mental help. They just turned their backs and walked away from the nut house.:mad:

LovesDauphins

Equipment
L2250D, FEL
May 12, 2015
Relay, Maryland, USA
That's a shame that they are trying to do that. That trend is going to continue and has been for a while. Take it from someone whose job keeps them in a courtroom often - the antics that go on between the defense attorneys and judges and suspects would turn your stomach. I'm sure you've seen some of it on the news and it's not going to get any better unfortunately.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
. . Take it from someone whose job keeps them in a courtroom often - the antics that go on between the defense attorneys and judges and suspects would turn your stomach. . .
Do yourself a favor and get out before you get ulsters.
I "bailed" in 88 and have never regretted it. You are correct, they have only gotten worst.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Two word solution...

Tort Reform

Ray:mad:

LovesDauphins

Equipment
L2250D, FEL
May 12, 2015
Relay, Maryland, USA
Do yourself a favor and get out before you get ulsters.
I "bailed" in 88 and have never regretted it. You are correct, they have only gotten worst.
I would consider it given the stuff that happens in my neck of the world (Baltimore Riots a year ago) but I'm 18 years into it and only 2 years away from being able to retire :)...Then it will be time to learn and start a career...we shall see. I might stay longer. I have a good spot at this moment. I can understand the sympathize with ulcers though! :(