I'm getting to the point of not wanting to let anyone use any of my things any more.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I helped my daughter buy a house that had a steep bank in front, so I saw to it that she had a 2 cycle mower and a weed wacker. They didn't make it thru the summer since she left a neighbor borrow them.

Another time I lent her a homemade magnetic sweeper to pick up nails, it had two large magnets and the kids broke one in half. Just price a large magnet.

The last thing and final thing I lent was a digging iron that was in the family since steel was invented, what could possibly go wrong? Bent it severely and broke the loop handle off.
My Great Grandfather fought in the Civil War as an artillerist. I had his thumb-guard and gimlet which he’d used at Fredericksburg.

His great great nephew destroyed them trying to use them somehow building a soap-box racer.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I'll only loan out tools that I can live without. Or I come with it and operate it myself.
Loaned my pickup to my own brother many years ago. It came back with a bent tie rod. I asked him what happened, he said it was like that when he borrowed it from me. That was a Bold faced lie. But he is my one sibling that's been scandalous from his infancy.

But my dad taught me, treat borrowed tools better than your own tools. Return them lubed and with a full tank of gas. I took the advice to heart. One of my brothers did not.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
My Great Grandfather fought in the Civil War as an artillerist. I had his thumb-guard and gimlet which he’d used at Fredericksburg.

His great great nephew destroyed them trying to use them somehow building a soap-box racer.
Good Lord!!!! People can be so ignorant!! What a shame.