I guess I'm just to dumb

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
That video was a thermostat replacement. I dont recall ever removing ac/alt or bracket to do it. Perhaps it was too traumatic and i blocked it from my memory.
I didnt notice a short cut there. Biggest one for me is air ratchet.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
That video was a thermostat replacement. I dont recall ever removing ac/alt or bracket to do it. Perhaps it was too traumatic and i blocked it from my memory.
I didnt notice a short cut there. Biggest one for me is air ratchet.
Bingo, I just hooked a couple of hose removers, popped the hose off, removed the air cleaner and moved the round brace for the AC/ALT bracket, then unscrewed the the gooseneck bolts and removed them with needlenose pliers, then had to twist, rotate and jiggle the gooseneck off. Total time about 40 minutes, to remove. (most of that time was running for wrenches, pliers etc,as I parked the truck by the water hose, for easier filling, when I finish up!) I plan to stick the bolt heads into a hose, and start them thataway, when I replace everything. My truck is not exactly like the one in the video, the bypass hose is really in the way, of that back bolt, so I might run into trouble on re-assembly...:D:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OH YEAH NOW YOU POST THIS!!!!!
I just had to replace the OLs on her 03,, what a PIA when you have no clue what your doing:confused:

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Got her all back together this AM, Took about 15 minutes, to jiggle the goose neck down to the block. Had one of them stick on gaskets stuck to it. Managed to move the bypass hose slightly out of the way. I then took a thumb sized piece of paper towel , and covered the bolt head with it, then forced a 1/4" drive socket over it, viola- a bolt holding socket! Used a wobble drive extension, to work around that damn bypass hose...

Left the thermostat out, as I am first flushing, then water-glassing the block, tomorrow. Should be easy to R&R the goose neck, now that I've done it once. It wasn't pitted real bad, so I put it on the wire wheel, and once clean, I painted it last night. Before assembly I took a shop rag and a long pair of needle-nose pliers, and wiped the block clean, prior to mounting it. Surprisingly easy, good thing I didn't watch the video before trying this...:D:D

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Got her all back together this AM, Took about 15 minutes...

... good thing I didn't watch the video before trying this...:D:D
Yer a wizard! Maybe even a whizard! :D I'm glad I watched the vid before you said how you did it. I could see some unnecessary moves, but you make it clear that it's not that bad a job if yer not a roket sighentist! :D:D:D

Say, when you get it glassed up and ready, how about coming down and opening the driver door of my Transit Connect? The latch mechanism is seized and I'm getting tired of climbing in and out through the window. :eek: Took it to the Fart dealer and the repair cost (almost $700) is more than I can handle.

Missed my chance yesterday when a huge dump truck went tearing through an intersection going about 60, a good five seconds after my light turned green -- I think it might have bumped the door hard enough that his insurance company would have fixed the latch. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I was second in line, and the cretin ahead of me must have been texting her BFF. :p

I'm real close to taking my Dremel to the door panel and start trying to disassemble the latch from the inside! :eek:

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Yer a wizard! Maybe even a whizard! :D I'm glad I watched the vid before you said how you did it. I could see some unnecessary moves, but you make it clear that it's not that bad a job if yer not a roket sighentist! :D:D:D

Say, when you get it glassed up and ready, how about coming down and opening the driver door of my Transit Connect? The latch mechanism is seized and I'm getting tired of climbing in and out through the window. :eek: Took it to the Fart dealer and the repair cost (almost $700) is more than I can handle.

Missed my chance yesterday when a huge dump truck went tearing through an intersection going about 60, a good five seconds after my light turned green -- I think it might have bumped the door hard enough that his insurance company would have fixed the latch. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I was second in line, and the cretin ahead of me must have been texting her BFF. :p

I'm real close to taking my Dremel to the door panel and start trying to disassemble the latch from the inside! :eek:

Ain't google wunnerful???

https://youtu.be/xBh2yWhN-Vs

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Not to me -- it hid that vid from me, but served it right up to you! Guess they are pi$$ed at me for spelling it "Giggle" eh?

Notice he didn't break the glass? Wonder what that "bat" was made of -- English TCs don't have bulletproof glass and smacking it real hard with a bat held that way should have cracked it.

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Got it all back together, on the thermostat. Now on to the saggy headliner, looks like the hard part will be getting it out the passenger door, and back in, without putting dirty fingerprints on it...:D:D