HST Swap out

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Hello again Ferguson, hope the replacement unit works to your liking. My suggestion would be to preserve the old one until the new one has proven itself to you.

If, after a period of time you are thinking about the old one's future, I'd be interested in doing some forensic inspection on it to see if its problems can be fixed within reason. Yours is newer than the one I fixed, but is very similar in operation. I sent you a "conversation" (envelope icon top of page). Dick B

Reactions: 1 user

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
Hello again Ferguson, hope the replacement unit works to your liking. My suggestion would be to preserve the old one until the new one has proven itself to you.

If, after a period of time you are thinking about the old one's future, I'd be interested in doing some forensic inspection on it to see if its problems can be fixed within reason. Yours is newer than the one I fixed, but is very similar in operation. I sent you a "conversation" (envelope icon top of page). Dick B
O yes once were back up & running / old one going up on the bench for disassemble / will keep anyway regarbless

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I like the trailer-tongue jacks idea. (y)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yes, neat idea.... nad I have 8 of them,Italian !, I never used onthe sawmill...
.. just need to buy 4 tractors that need a 'bit of work'...

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
O yes once were back up & running / old one going up on the bench for disassemble / will keep anyway regarbless
WE are up and running ( started it let it run a min.or two steped on the hst peddle " NOTHING " my heart sank then Realized did not have it in gear )

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Congrats on doing the replacement - glad its operating again.

I'd suggest taking the regulator off the old one, and the big valve plate off the back to see the condition of the internals. Hope you post pictures of what you find - Dick B

Last edited: