HST Range Selector

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Cool beans Bluegill. I look forward to chattin' with ya on the forum.

I have to ask, how did you come up with the name Bluegill? We fish for them around here...
I'm a Bluegill fishin nut! Also Sunfish, Redear, Crappie, Catfish... :D

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
I'm a Bluegill fishin nut! Also Sunfish, Redear, Crappie, Catfish... :D
Great stuff- do you fillet them up and deep fry em' then mix up a little ketchup and horseradish into a dip... mmmmmm, I' gettin' hungry.

I think crappie is about my most favorite panfish.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Great stuff- do you fillet them up and deep fry em' then mix up a little ketchup and horseradish into a dip... mmmmmm, I' gettin' hungry.

I think crappie is about my most favorite panfish.
As a kid growing up in the deep south we cut the head off scaled, gutted & deep fired the whole fish. That was good but now we fillet everything. Yes Crappie fillets sure are good!:cool:

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
As a kid growing up in the deep south we cut the head off scaled, gutted & deep fired the whole fish. That was good but now we fillet everything. Yes Crappie fillets sure are good!:cool:
We fillet everything. The oldtimers around here can't bear to watch. They keep talking about all that meat going to waste.

I've seen my grandmother take a spoon and scale many a bluegill. I'll take mine skinless, thank you very much.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
We fillet everything. The oldtimers around here can't bear to watch. They keep talking about all that meat going to waste.

I've seen my grandmother take a spoon and scale many a bluegill. I'll take mine skinless, thank you very much.
We scaled many a bluegill (bream) with a spoon years ago. Fried up in corn meal those bream were fine eaten! Skin and all. :D

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
It's nice to think about it, maybe even visit, but I don't think I could live there.