How fragile is life

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Sorry for your family's loss Skeet. It can end so quickly. Years ago my grandfather was hospitalized out of the blue for fatigue and some swelling around his heart. It had been a month since I spoke with him. He never woke up and died after a week in the hospital so I didn't get to say goodbye. They are always hard but death is part of the cycle. Hang in there and keep dreaming of orange tractors!

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Boy that's a hard one for your Sister and the rest of you.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I visualize life as a barrel of marbles. Each day you reach in and throw one away. When the barrel is full (as a teenager) we don't think anything about it, because we have a barrel full and it seems they'll last for ever. As time goes on we notice the barrel is getting less and less of the marbles and it should remind us that each one is important and not to just throw it away.

Life is not what you gain, but what you give away.
Very well defined.

"Work" has defined me for a long, long time.

In my high school yearbook, one of my parting messages was "I have to work,...." meaning I couldn't participate in many things because of work obligations. Sports, dances, parties, etc. were not something I could be a part of.

All the way back to dating my wife 39 years ago, to my current age with adult kids, they have always dealt with "I have to go to work".

Maybe I should re-think who I'm throwing those marbles to...

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The question is; how many marbles are in the barrel to begin with?

The most limited and most precious thing that we have is our time. Use it wisely.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All true, it is a very sobering experience when you look in the bathroom mirror and realize, you are no longer 21 years old 10 foot tall and bullet proof, Just a crippled up old fat man. And yet the sun will come up tomorrow just the same