Help

Prepaid_Dave

Equipment
MX5100 w/ LA844 loader, Bush Hog Rotary Cutter 326, Bush Hog Box Blade MBX72
Jan 9, 2013
Bryan, Ohio
Again thank you all for your input. I dropped the tractor off today, showed the filter to the dealer and they said they have never seen one with 3 inch shavings in it before. They are calling their Kubota rep to come in and inspect the filter. I am hoping Kubota will stand behind their product, but I will be sure to let everyone know if they do or not. This will tell me the color of my next tractor. Mistakes can be made but its how you take care of them that really matters. The dealer did admit that they were the ones that installed the fenders that all of my bolts fell out of, I think it should be common practice to use some type of removable thread locker on them. But if the dealer takes care of this the proper way I can overlook some loose bolts. I am glad I found this forum, its a great tool for a Kubota owner and there are truly some wonderful people on here.

Dave

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
All jokes aside, this is why I feel like the 50 hr service is the most important of a new machines life. Every new piece of equipment I've had whether it be a new Cat loader or my Kubotas the 50 hr drain was full of metal. Every change after that the oil was clean like it should be.

Yes it sux to have the expense of buying a new tractor, then turn right around and have to drain all the fluid with hardly any hrs on it. At 50 hrs everything still has that new tractor smell. I don't look at this as a burden but more like a investment for a long healthy future, and it makes the dealers rich...:D
While I can somewhat agree...there is absolutely zero excuse these components are not thoroughly rinsed of all metal filings during the manufacturing process. It appears being sloppy is cheaper then performing warranty work...sad.