Help with operating tractor with pto snowblower

dfurn

Equipment
L3600 (GST) with LA680 Loader
Nov 6, 2011
North Gower, ON, Canada
I have a hobby horse farm, but I'm really new at all of this. I've searched around but I can't seem to find a video that shows me the steps to take to actually use an attachment on my 3 pt hitch/pto. I have an old snowblower that was left behind by the previous owner. I've gone over it and have it in working order. Now I just need to know how the heck to I operate the tractor and snowblower together. I have a Kubota L3600 tractor.

Any help that you can give would be appreciated.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sooo tell me how big do those hobby horses get,,,,:D,, Ok Im a smart azz I know anyway,, what kind of snow blower is it? you know Mdl number is it a Kubota. Do you have the PTO shaft. If we have all the info Im sure somebody will be able to tell you exactly how to hook her up and run it. And incase nobody has to you,,, Welcome to the Orange,, OH and pictures we love pictures, that might help for the snow blower too

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Since your task is one that any user of tractors probably knows well, have you checked with neighbors? Most farmers could clue you in very fast. I suspect that method would be much easier than trying to explain to you here, although we know it can be done. For instance, is the blower sized properly for your tractor's power, and what category three point is it?

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
My L3600

With 60" Blower attached

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

Also I found this vid on You tube for you to have some good solid info about hooking up 3pt implements in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSatF4QoqmI

You have a Cat 1 hitch BTW and you can easily handle up to a 66" blower the 72" is a maximum according to the specs.. The little arrow mark on your tach at about 2400 RPM means your PTO is spinning at 540 RPM which should be correct for most rear blowers.. You have a little over 31 HP at the PTO

Biggest concern for using PTO power,,, It stops for nothing, NEVER get out of the seat of the tractor with the PTO running, the little lever on the right side of the seat above the 3Pt lift lever engages the PTO, save wear and tear and engage at idle then rev up to operating speed, before moving the tractor, slow and steady wins the race when blowing snow, going too fast, or bumping snow banks, breaks shear pins, which wastes more time then going slow and steady :p A pic of the blower would really help also or at least the specs...

This is a vid from the other day with the L3600 moving some really wet stuff off the road, it is actually raining while I am working :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBh2-lfqcCk&feature=youtu.be

Around the curves I run in 2R or just over 1 mph, on the straight shot I shift to 3R or just under 2 mph sounds slow, until you are driving, but sticking it in a ditch really slows down the process :( so I take my time...

Last edited: