Grey Kubota L1501 2-wheel dr.

tugboat

Equipment
swing blade,box blade,bushog,lift pole
Jul 26, 2010
beaumont,tx.,USA
Can anybody tell me why my newly acquired tractor (GREY KUBOTA L1501-2 WH. DR. travels very slow in 8th gear high range @2800 rpm ?I changed oil,filter,cleaned fuel tank,changed fuel filter and bled the injector lines.It started and puffed white smoke for a few minites then cleared up.I drove and shifted it through all the gears,high & low range,forward and reverse.It is so slow in high gear i could walk faster than the tractor.8th gear is the fastest gear.Ordering a service manual today!I have a 40 hp massey and this would make a cool addition to the shop! thanks for any help!

Last edited:

tugboat

Equipment
Jul 26, 2010
beaumont,tx.,USA
Thanks Vic! The range lever on the left side below the seat was in LOW,i had that to be the pto engage lever(dah)Now it"s a lil hotrod .Thanks again!!

tugboat

Equipment
Jul 26, 2010
beaumont,tx.,USA
Hey Vic,ol buddy,ol pal,,about L1501,you were right-on about the creeper range.Now i want to address testing the glow plugs and the white smoke, when i start it cold it puffs white smoke and runs a lil rough for a couple minites then clears up and sounds great.Could that be a head gasket leaking?There isn't a kill cable on it.Where will it attach to the engine(in frt. of the valve cover?),,Just getting started w/this project and really like your website,,,Thanks for your time Vic.............