great way to sharpen mower blades

rlovgren

Equipment
Kubota zd21
May 15, 2014
Albemarle, NC USA
I stumbled on a real quick and easy way to put a fantastic edge on mower blades. If you have an oscillating spindle sander (harbor freight) just rest the back edge of the blade on the table and tilt the edge into the spindle and slide the blade back and forth (see attached pics). Its real easy to maintain the proper angle and it puts an incredible edge on the blade very quickly.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A good idea if you ever saw mine after I tried to sharpen them , they look like a crazed beaver was chewing on them.. I figured out that the table on my drill press will tilt,,, AH HA!!!!! so I backed the table top with a piece of wood drilled a large hole in the center of it and tilted the table,,, chucked in a sanding drum and ground away,,, clean edges sharp,, and they balanced out too,,yeahhhh ,,, slow and easy and they came out really good,, well a lot better than I did with the bench grinder anyway,,lol

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I stumbled on a real quick and easy way to put a fantastic edge on mower blades. If you have an oscillating spindle sander (harbor freight) just rest the back edge of the blade on the table and tilt the edge into the spindle and slide the blade back and forth (see attached pics). Its real easy to maintain the proper angle and it puts an incredible edge on the blade very quickly.
Riovgren,

Great idea! I'll use our spindle sander for that next sharpening!

Thanks,

Burt