GR Series Filter Cross Referance

HermTDI

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Jan 13, 2013
Richomnd, Maine us
I have a GR-2120 Lawn Tractor
The scheduled service is coming up and looking for filter cross-reference info.
I've come up with the following:
//////////////
HH150-32430 Eng Oil Fltr / Fram PH6017A / Wix 51358/

K1211-82320 Air Fltr / Fram CA9248 / Mann C946-2 / Baldwin RS3715

12581-43012 Fuel Fltr / WIX 33002/AC Delco GF61

HHK20-36990 Hydrostatic Trans. Fltr. / Wix 57088 / Baldwin BT8905
///////////////////
For the Transmission Gear oil I've found this:
Shell Spirax S3 TLV but I can't seem to find a local (to me) source.

Does anyone have another alternative product for the gear/lube oil ?

Has anyone used the AMS product ?
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...tractor-hydraulic-transmission-oil-sae-5w-30/

Last edited:

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Check the HST filter - it seems that so far, all of the "will fit" aftermarket filters do not incorporate the magnet as the factory filter does (if your GR has a magnet in the factory filter, not sure on these, it has been determined that the larger tractors seem to have it) which means that the "will fit" is not the correct replacement or oem equivalent, even if it will screw on the threads and seal up.

As to the others, well, at times you get what you pay for. Be careful, that is a 10 or 12k machine that you are trying to save a couple of bucks on, which over the life of the tractor might save you a couple of hundred bucks in the long term, against a fairly expensive repair if a crappy, cheap "will fit" filter does not protect the engine / transmission as well as the oem.

That said, I have found Baldwin and WIX (NAPA) are fairly good quality and generally do not sacrifice oem specs to meet a certain "discount" price point. Fram I would stay away from.

Remember this, Kubota does not make there own filters, but even if a "will fit" company makes the filters for Kubota, they are made to Kubota's specs, and that does not meant that a aftermarket "will fit" filter is made to Kubota specs, even when they come off the same assembly line, but different production runs - IE the aftermarket filters can be built to a certain price point, not a best filter to protect the engine / transmission.

Just my thoughts, David

Last edited:

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
As to the oil, some use Amsoil, and report good luck. Others use the Kubota SUDT, and report very good results, in fact usage of it has cured quite a bit of problems with other, probably non Kubota spec aftermarket oils.

But, oil is oil, it really is in the additive package that makes the difference, so if a aftermarket oil has the exact same base (dino or synthetic, or a blend) and additive package as the Kubota oil, it should function properly. Oil specs are a whole lot easier to find than filter specs in that regard.

David

HermTDI

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Jan 13, 2013
Richomnd, Maine us
Check the HST filter - it seems that so far, all of the "will fit" aftermarket filters do not incorporate the magnet as the factory filter does (if your GR has a magnet in the factory filter, not sure on these, it has been determined that the larger tractors seem to have it) which means that the "will fit" is not the correct replacement or oem equivalent, even if it will screw on the threads and seal up.

David
Hello David,
As for the magnet. I've used filter magnets for years. I have several "welders magnets" that are the rare earth (strong) type. I place a magnet on the side of the filter case and that has let me sleep at night.
If you've ever done an "autopsy" on a used filter you can easily see the ferrous metal prices where the magnet was placed.