Going from a Deutz Allis 1920 to a BX25D-1

Rustyclockwork

Equipment
BX25D-1
Nov 8, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana
Hi all,

I'm finally selling my 1987 Deutz Allis 1920 garden tractor, and ordering a BX25D-1 this week.

I've got a good number of projects for this new tractor, and feel that it's perfect for my needs.

I've weighed all the costs of ownership versus renting the equipment for weeks at a time, or paying to have it done, along with the lengthy timeframe I've given myself to do all this work... makes sense to just buy one. The new sales event with 0% interest for 5 years is good enough for me.

Nice to meet everyone here!

Jason in Indiana

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Congratulations on your new toy,, I hope you will be very happy with it,, and welcome to the orange

Rustyclockwork

Equipment
BX25D-1
Nov 8, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana
Re: Going from a Deutz Allis 1920 to a BX25D-1 - mulcher?

Thanks!

My only stump is which deck to buy...

I'm leaning towards the fine cut 60" deck with a mulching option.

I don't have any experience with a mulching deck, all I know is that I mow about every two weeks (due to lack of time for it), so I don't know if a mulcher is a good idea or not, as there are usually piles of cut grass all over certain areas of the yard when I wait that long to mow.

Jason

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
your going to love having a back hoe. Even though its a little one, every scoop you take is like a few shovels full, and it really tears up hard rocky ground! money well spent

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I opted for the 60 inch, and I will tell you it has munched through some pretty nasty stuff from wild grape vines to multi-floral rose bushes, black berries you name it and works well,, just have to take your time,, as far as a finish mower it mows super well and for mulching I just run around in circles and blow everything together and run over it a couple times and its good for the garden

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Congrats on your purchase! I also just ordered a BX25D after going through the same contemplation process over the last few weeks. I think your decision should depend on how much grass you have to mow...(?) I ordered a 54" deck, couldn't justify the additional cost for 60" deck, but I don't really have an overly large lawn either... Plus the additional storage space required in my shop for the 60" deck, the 54" deck will help. At the end of the day one or two more rounds to make up for the 6" difference isn't a big deal to me.