Gen Set on a BX2360

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My old portable gen set has all but given up the ghost, with the cold we lost power and no way in hell could I get it started good thing power was only off for a little bit. Anyway has anyone ever hooked up a gen set to a small tractor like my 2360? How did you do it cost, you know all the fun things I should know,,
Peace
Skeets

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
One of my many mod ideas for my tractor is going to be a PTO generator, but with a twist.

My plan will be to build a small generator, somewhere in the .5-1.5 kw area and mount it under my tractor on the mid pto. I don't plan to use this pto anyway so it's a perfect spot. I also plan to have a disengaging lever so I can run rhe rear pto without running the generator. I just want enough 110 power to run 250-500 watt lights and a power tool. I have not planned this out yet, but there's lots of room and I am sure it can be done.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I often see the winpower 3 point gen sets at the local farm auctions. As I understand it, you must be very careful with your rpm's, as that can affect both the voltage and the frequency of the AC power. Could do interesting things to electric motors. For the larger (10kw) power plants, 1800 input rpm seems to be standard.

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Hey Eric, thank for the input. I want this to be independent from the tractors existing charging system. My plan us to use a stock alternator along with an inverter to accomplish this.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I stopped at my dealer to get a new taillight that self destructed in the cold, and I thought I would pose this question to him....
:eek: OhMyGawd why would you ever want to do anything like that???
Ahhh cause like my portable gen set went south,,,
:eek: But you will put more hours on your machine!!!
Ahh well yeah but if ya need power what difference does it make?
:eek: Well when you trade it in on a new on all that extra time will make so much difference in the resale!!!
And besides portable generators are cheap!!!
Maybe its just me,,but some times I really wonder about these dealers!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh no problem brother, just thought I'd toss in a different perspective and give you and option to look at it from another angle.