g4200 hst electric fuel pump

g4200

Equipment
g4200 hst
Aug 1, 2013
howard ohio
I have installed a brand new fuel pump from my local kubota dealership and the pump didnt work. So i took it back claiming it was a defective pump. Got my new one today and asked the to verify that it was working properly and it was. Installed it in my tractor and it wont work. I have power on the main lead and the ground is good. Took it back off and tested it, and it wont work. What is my tractor doing to these fuel pumps? PLEASE HELP!

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I have a G6200H that I just wrote a post on that had serious burned wiring issues. The G4200 is essentially the same unit but with a smaller HP engine. Did you remove the panel on the front of the dash and check the wiring? It might be a place to start if not. Mine had the wire to the fuel pump burned through the insulation (http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11381) and it still worked. Go figure. The red wire in the photos is the fuel pump wire.

Sorry I can't provide any other suggestions.

Last edited:

g4200

Equipment
g4200 hst
Aug 1, 2013
howard ohio
It was the voltage regulator! Test light showed power back to the fuel pump but amps burnt up 2 fuel pumps,and a voltmeter.