Fuel starvation

firefighter206

Equipment
L6060
Jul 3, 2022
Louisiana
I can’t Thank all you guys and gals enough for all the help and support, I hope this will be an end to this discussion lol, lord knows it’s drove me crazy for several years lol, Thank You

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Glad you finally got it fixed, very aggravating when you need it to work and it doesn't. While your problem wasn't from garbage dropping into the tank from outside, you did mention that there was a bit of debris in there when you drained it. Doesn't matter how careful you are, it will accumulate in there again, given enough time. Do yourself a favor and buy/borrow/mygyver one of these to make sure nothing but diesel gets into your tank. fueltankscreen.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

firefighter206

Equipment
L6060
Jul 3, 2022
Louisiana
Glad you finally got it fixed, very aggravating when you need it to work and it doesn't. While your problem wasn't from garbage dropping into the tank from outside, you did mention that there was a bit of debris in there when you drained it. Doesn't matter how careful you are, it will accumulate in there again, given enough time. Do yourself a favor and buy/borrow/mygyver one of these to make sure nothing but diesel gets into your tank. View attachment 92043
Yes sir, I will look into this, Thank You

firefighter206

Equipment
L6060
Jul 3, 2022
Louisiana
Well the good news just keeps coming, spent all day Thursday on the tractor, 5 hours straight working it, 1/2 tank of fuel burned and it never bobbled one bit, Kubota strong the whole time, Thank You all again, God Bless

Reactions: 1 users

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
@firefighter206
Glad you got your fuel problem sorted out. I wasn't aware that there was a check valve in the crossover tube. I'm sure my L4060 has the same fuel setup, so I'll keep in mind if I have similar starvation issues in the future. The plastic piece doesn't look capable of totally checking fuel flow, so I suspect it's purpose is to slow down fuel rushing from one tank to the other on an incline?
I recently deleted the OEM water separator / strainer and replaced it with a 2 micron Racor water separator / filter. Wouldn't have had any bearing on your problem, but worth considering.

firefighter206

Equipment
L6060
Jul 3, 2022
Louisiana
@firefighter206
Glad you got your fuel problem sorted out. I wasn't aware that there was a check valve in the crossover tube. I'm sure my L4060 has the same fuel setup, so I'll keep in mind if I have similar starvation issues in the future. The plastic piece doesn't look capable of totally checking fuel flow, so I suspect it's purpose is to slow down fuel rushing from one tank to the other on an incline?
I recently deleted the OEM water separator / strainer and replaced it with a 2 micron Racor water separator / filter. Wouldn't have had any bearing on your problem, but worth considering.
I bypassed my separator because all the Kubota people kept telling me they’re the first point to stop up so I went around it, guess I can put it back online now lol

DrankTheOrangeKoolaid

Equipment
M6800/M920, Case 780B
Sep 24, 2019
Alberta
I bypassed my separator because all the Kubota people kept telling me they’re the first point to stop up so I went around it, guess I can put it back online now lol
They are "the first point to stop up" by design. Because they are easy to check and easy to clean. If it were the problem, bypassing it will only move the problem to somewhere less easily serviced.

ninjajoe7300

Equipment
Kubota L4060
Nov 22, 2022
Timmins Ontario
@firefighter206
Good Morning i was wondering which Racor model number did you use for your L4060 . Im thinking of replacing mine . Your help in this matter is appreciated.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Good Morning i was wondering which Racor model number did you use for your L4060 . Im thinking of replacing mine . Your help in this matter is appreciated.
I used a Racor 215r2 and a Racor vacuum gauge to monitor the filter condition.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
The flapper keeps the left tank full on hills. Pick around inside the fuel separator elbows. My money is on a little ball of junk in it.