Front plow hydraulics

Fishman1

Equipment
L3800fel
Jan 21, 2012
Maine
Just contemplating building a plow for myl3800 and wondering how difficult/expensive it is to modify the front hydraulics to accommodate two angle cylinders. I will be modifying an existing Fisher plow to my quick attach and the plow is outfitted with the angling cylinders. I have looked at other set ups and it appears there is some sort of hydraulic block/valve that needs to be installed. Any advice would be appreciated........

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
You'll have to check around this forum to find the instructions for tapping into your hydraulic system if you don't have a loader. If you have a loader you could add 1 more valve on the outbound side. I think that Kubota has a kit for it and there are a lot of less expensive solutions.

Wxman

Equipment
MX4700HST/loader
Feb 1, 2011
Indiana
If you have two angle cylinders then I would guess they are both one way cylinders. That is how the plow I modded for my FEL is. Two one ways (one hydraulic hose per cylinder) can be connected like a single two way. I run the conections back to my rear remotes with some long 3/8" hoses. I had to make a couple rings to hold the hoses in place, but didn't have to modify any hydraulics, add any switches or lose any FEL functionality. I still have up/down and curl/dump, which I use with the blade depending on the surface or when back blading. I do have to reach beside the seat to change the blade angle, but that is no problem the way I use my blade.

Good luck