Front fenders for 4060hstc

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Trying to find front fenders for this tractor.
Have found a company in England, Jenesco, that makes a product a fender called Dunloflex. I have emailed Jonesco with no reply.
Does anyone know a dealer that sells this product?
Then if I can buy the fenders looks like a custom bracket is needed, which is way above my skill level.
On the 4060 there are guards protecting the steering components on top of the front axle. The guards are bolted onto the axle and may be a mounting point for brackets. Only issue is the fender would be fixed rather than move with the tire.
Have searched this topic on OTT and no clear answer is shown. Even called A few Canadian dealers and was told not a current option, per Willdfires posts.
Thanks!
Mark

lddykstra

Equipment
L3940HSTC
Feb 5, 2014
Rock Valley, Iowa
Hi,
I am working on the same project as you.
I have located a company in Buffalo Minnesota that sells product in the USA for Jonesco. They don't carry stock on the Ag Dunloflex fenders but can get them. Lead time was about 30 days for me. Cost was about $70/fender.

Like you, I was also thinking of using the Axle guard mounting bolts to attach a fixed bracket for mounting the fenders. Still working on that design. If you come up with a good method, I am interested in it.

Here is the Contact for the Dunloflex Fenders

National Fleet Products
Buffalo MN
Talk to Jacob
763-762-3451
Tell him Lowell referred you, he will likely remember me.

Cal270

Equipment
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Lowell
We are on the same mission.
Jacob shipped me one E2500 fender.
All they had in stock.
Had a buddy stopped by today and he will make the mount for me.
May need to find longer bolts for steering guard.
Jonesco fender looks good and is pliable. Will bend it slightly for the right contour.
I am putting in an order for 2 more fenders, and have a spare...just in case...
Jacob is interested on how the mounting is made, has had other Kubota owners contacting him.
I think a smaller shop could make the mounting brackets and sell them.
Will report back when brackets are made and on tractor.
Jacob gave me same shipping time, fenders are coming from Germany.
Mark

lddykstra

Equipment
L3940HSTC
Feb 5, 2014
Rock Valley, Iowa
The Following is from the Jonesco Catalog.

I am planning on using the E2130 on my Kubota L3940HST

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx31/lddykstra/Page 1_zpsijqe1wsl.jpg

This is a design I have in mind for a potential Fixed Mounting Bracket.
It would mount to the Axle guard Bolts. I also intend on coming up with a design that will turn with the steering. Maybe it could mount to the Hub Gear Cover Bolts. I havent decided what mounting style would be better.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx31/lddykstra/Fixed_zpsajphyqyn.jpg

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx31/lddykstra/Fixed 2_zpsy81chfml.jpg

lddykstra

Equipment
L3940HSTC
Feb 5, 2014
Rock Valley, Iowa
Here is a potential design for a Swivel Bracket that would allow the fenders to turn with the steering.

This would mount to the Axle Gear Housing bolts for each wheel.

What is the concensus? Do you think it is best to go with the swivel mount style or the Fixed Mount Style??

FYI, This is designed around the Grand L 40 Series. Mind is an L3940

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
L4610 hst used three bolts in hub to hold bracket. The skilled operator would lower bucket to scrape, raise wheels about six inches and then attempt to steer. Ripped fenders off numerous times.

Mounting to axle housing would prevent this from happening. Check for axle articulation when building brackets.

Cal270

Equipment
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Lowell,

I'm impressed, very nice design work!
Having the fender move with the tire would be a slick approach on this project.
I think either design u use will work fine.

I will go the fixed mount.
Since the tractor is under warranty will keep away from the hub mount.
I think a fixed fender should stop most if debris coming off the tires. I've noticed it mostly in high gear & that is road driving for me.

Did speak to Jacob today and my order should go in with yours. He would like to have photos of both of our designs.

My buddy said a 3" gap between tire and fender sould be enough for snow or mud sticking to tire. Also in a fixed mount will need to clear the tire turning.

Cal270

Equipment
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
After many trails and errors finally have fenders mounted on tractor.
Good clearance between tire and fender.
Model of fender is 2500, same company and dealer as prior mentioned.
Did mount bracket to the top holes in the axle, the is a protective guard in front of the axle and used those holes.
Fenders should keep debris off the cab and most of tractor.
Has been a fun learning lesson!

PS
I have other photos on my Album book on my profile to view.
Have not figured how to add multiple photos to a post...

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Very nice, keeping them low at rear of fender will keep a lot of the gooey stuff off cab. Looks like you opted for the axle mount, not hub mount. Non moving fender would be my choice,turning wheel throws mud away from cab anyway.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Very nice, keeping them low at rear of fender will keep a lot of the gooey stuff off cab. Looks like you opted for the axle mount, not hub mount. Non moving fender would be my choice,turning wheel throws mud away from cab anyway.
Hello,

if you travel on wet roads at high speed, you have to adjust your direction sometimes or follow curves, with the slightest angle of your front wheels they will throw the dirt and dirty/salty water sideways away from the fenders, with a little wind you'll get them on the cab windows...
I've made some holders for my L5040 which swing with the wheels but don't touch anywhere even at full angle of the wheels and the oscillating front axle.
They are fixed to the upper part of the front axle double angle drive housing with longer bolts.

fotos shall follow

Regards

Robert

Dec 11, 2015
Mason City
You gentlemen have done a fair job designing your after market fenders for your unit. Over the past couple of months, we have been developing our own after market fender kits for the Kubota tractor. While we may not be able to answer questions on this forum, do check in with us at 641-424-3601 (ask for sales) and see if we have a kit for your model. We have developed for the L3901 & L4760 thus far. The fenders do not turn with the tire, however, at the speeds that the tractors are traveling the solution will suffice for most applications. The kits have been designed while the loader is attached.

camer

Nov 5, 2009
mi.
Go to tractor supply and get fenders for a trailer they have different sizes and cut one in half.