front end loader problem on bx 2670

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
I'm not a tractor expert, but I've worked with hydraulics for a while. I'd guess there's air in the system, fluid level is low, or there's a leak allowing air into the system. Let us know your findings.
I'm glad yours works so well maybe mine well do the after dealer works on it :confused:

papax3

Equipment
bx 2670
Aug 22, 2015
somewhere, ohio
I'm not a tractor expert, but I've worked with hydraulics for a while. I'd guess there's air in the system, fluid level is low, or there's a leak allowing air into the system. Let us know your findings.
I'm glad yours works so well maybe mine well do the same after dealer works on it :confused:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My BX25D also will pick up some massive stumps, easily 400 pounds. I have also carried the same stumps up some very steep grades. 3,100 rpm when working. It is a tiny diesel and you control operation speed with the pedal pressure or how much pressure you apply to a lever.

At some point I'll get the BX Expanded pressure test and setting kit. I'll set the pressure at max. Anyone know if it has to be hot or is it better to test with it cold (I assume pressure is higher when cold). I'd like to not over do it.

FEL movement while traveling is down only, trying to lift while moving forward is hard on the little thing. If I have to lift it up when heavily weighted, I lift off the foot pedal, letting all hydraulic power go to the FEL. When scooping up a heavy wet pile of sludge, I scoot up the pile and as the bucket hits the bottom of the pile and I begin the curl, I lift off the pedal, 'coast into it' with all hydraulic power to lift the pile.

I have a tiny tractor to fit between gates and through tight woods. I therefore had to make concessions.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
koja,, you must have a bx on steroids, mine would never pick up that much weight. It is a 2670 also.
I wonder if there may be some differences between the bx25d and other bx's ? I have heard that there are some frame and hydraulic differences but don't know for sure. I did boost the the hydraulic pressure up to 1900 psi. Helped some but not a big change. It always has been plenty powerful for its size.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Can I ask likely a stupid question?

You dont have the 3pt lift handle in open position do you? Ive left mine down before and noticed immediately how weak my FEL was. Other than that, my money is on air bubbles...

onefstsnake

Equipment
BX 2370
Sep 28, 2015
Spotsylvania, VA
My wife and I just bought a 2670 and have had no problems with the power of the FEL. You do need to have the engine throttled up for max hydraulic power.

Depending on how deep your poles are set it could prove quite a chore for the BX. They aren't set in concrete are they?:)

Hope you get it sorted out.