Followup: Hydrobagger project

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
Hi guys,

I just wanted to do a follow up on a project I started back in April. You can see that threaded here.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19240

Anyway... as a recap... I wanted a bagger of some kind for my BX1870, for the fall leaves. (not for everyday crass clippings) My choices were..

1) The OEM PTO bagger. But, it's crazy expensive for what it is. AND, I hear it's a real pain in the butt to take on and off.

2) A CycloneRake. They work very good, but then you have to drag around a trailer, and listen to that extra engine screaming.

3) Something else. (but what?)

While running around Craigslist, I found a bagger from am Ingersoll that looked about the right size... and it ran off the Hydro. It was cheap enough, so I bought it. (The other thread has the install, and mods)

Well... in Pitt PA... the leaves are starting to fall, and today I FINALLY gave the project a proper workout. All I can say is WOW !!!!!!! It worked better than I expected. I was worried since the impeller was running a little slow, since the Ingersoll tractor has almost twice the flow as the AUX flow on the BX.

I ran around the yard at normal "Mowing Speed" (3000 RPM, low range, hydrostat to the floor) and the bagger never even gave me a hint of problems. With my last tractor... the chute would plug up with anything more than regular grass. But the Ingersoll bagger just swallowed everything that the tractor shot out. (LOL, sounded kinky)

Oh... best of all... there's no extra noise, or an extra engine to deal with.

So... for the guys with BX tractors... if you can find an Ingersoll Hydrobagger cheap... BUY IT !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I forgot to mention it is available at Home Depot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welll I ll tell ya what there Dr. Honda,,, Yall just bring that bad girl down here to the coal country and we ll see just how good it works,,, coff coff:D. That looks like you have it figured out really good,, I like it now i wonder does it pick up chestnut husks?