Fix For 3 Point Hitch Position Control Adjustment?

MTBob

Equipment
2018 L6060 HSTC Kubota, Land Pride blade RB3785
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
Of all the things I love about my L6060 HST, there is one thing that seems to be poorly constructed, and that's the 3 point hitch position control. This knob and piece of aluminum (circled in photo) is supposed to adjust to stop the position control level from going too low. But, the cheesy plastic knob & screw, combined with the equally cheesy aluminum plate, do not provide an easily adjustable positive stopping position.
I suspect that others may have had this same issue and have come up with some kind of a fix. Any ideas?

1679327207897.png

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It seems to work fine for me. No fix needed.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Of all the things I love about my L6060 HST, there is one thing that seems to be poorly constructed, and that's the 3 point hitch position control. This knob and piece of aluminum (circled in photo) is supposed to adjust to stop the position control level from going too low. But, the cheesy plastic knob & screw, combined with the equally cheesy aluminum plate, do not provide an easily adjustable positive stopping position.
I suspect that others may have had this same issue and have come up with some kind of a fix. Any ideas?

View attachment 98408
Exactly.

Awful design.

I made a part to replace the steel piece beneath the plastic console. Replacement stop is securely held in place with two OEM knobs and allows returning to preset setting or bypasasing preset stop and lowering fully without loosening the knobs.

Spoke to Kubota about this after verifying functionality but rep was uninterested.

Sorry, no photos.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Agree, it is sloppy due to distance from tension screw. The metal acts like a lever and gets pushed away. I found greasing the threads, and using my finger to align the plate as its tightened helped.(if that makes sense) the plate does have a specific orientation, and is easily pushed out of alignment. I don't use it much, but I agree pretty poor.

MTBob

Equipment
2018 L6060 HSTC Kubota, Land Pride blade RB3785
Aug 10, 2019
Belgrade, Montana
Exactly.

Awful design.

I made a part to replace the steel piece beneath the plastic console. Replacement stop is securely held in place with two OEM knobs and allows returning to preset setting or bypasasing preset stop and lowering fully without loosening the knobs.

Spoke to Kubota about this after verifying functionality but rep was uninterested.

Sorry, no photos.

Last edited: