first attempt at remote hydraulic hook-up

rhader

Equipment
loading, tilling, digging, splitting
Jan 2, 2013
Acton, Ontario, Canada
I posted this originally in the fabrication section - I should have posted here...

Just starting off doing some simple modifications to my new to me B7200 before I do anything to crazy.. Though a complete resto would be pretty cool at some point!!

Anyway - I would like to run a hydraulic line to the back somewhere with a set of quick disconnects on it to hook into a log splitter that will have its own hydraulic valve on it for controls.

SO - I would like to pull off of the main hydraulic lines which are here:

at the upper left of the photo.

does anyone know what size those are - thread size as well?

I was planning on replacing those and tee-ing off lines that I could connect to the splitter...

any thoughts??
I am assuming it is a 3/8" hydraulic fitting...?
Can anyone confirm?

or any suggestions for pulling from the main hydraulics for a remote input??

I was wondering what the other two fittings above the hydraulic lines are for???

the two unused bolts at the top above the hydraulic lines.

are these ports that I can tap into... or....??

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I do not believe you can tee-off your hydraulics. You have to put the remote in series with your existing hydraulics. The tractor hydraulics are constantly flowing, so you will have to include a quick disconnect set for your remote. Attached is a photo of what my dealer gave to me...
Find the return line from your FEL to the hydraulics block. Disconnect it from the FEL, and route it back to the rear. Make a new hose from the FEL to the rear. Put a quick disconnect set on the rear hoses. If you take the first hose mentioned down to your local hydraulics supply, he will gladly set you up with the correct fittings and disconnects.

Attachments

rhader

Equipment
loading, tilling, digging, splitting
Jan 2, 2013
Acton, Ontario, Canada
Whats stopping from just porting the hydraulics to a quick disconnect setup??

In your photo I only see a single hydraulics line... would you not need an input as well as a return from the remote valve setup??

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The photo shows two hoses - one from the FEL Out block, the second back to the tractor hydraulics block. They are usually connected together to maintain normal oil flow. You can not simply tee off the block, because there is constant flow at literally no pressure. The system makes pressure when you use a control and divert the flow to a cylinder. If you use a tee the oil will continue flowing through the 2nd outlet, and you will not usually have any pressure in your line.