Do it Yourself Mower Deck Replacement.

JoBo

Equipment
B5100, D905 powered generator
Mar 15, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
About a year ago I started looking for a older smaller Kubota tractor to mow my small city yard. I found tractors meeting my requirements all had bad mower decks and I resigned myself that I would have to rebuild the the deck. An ad on Craiges list yeilded a B5100 sound but needing lots of TLS and a shot mower deck. These pictures are not intended to walk you thorugh building a new deck just to show what can be done.
(Part one of 2)

JoBo

Attachments

JoBo

Equipment
Mar 15, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Here's part 2, Notice the output deflector was added after I painted the deck. I tried it out yesterday and other than needing some adjusting of the lift mechanism it worked perfectly. I used 1/8" steel for the deck that I bought and 1.5"x.250" steel cut from some angle iron I had for the skids. The deck is a Kubota B445. I looked at one with a Woods brand deck that looked very similiar.
Next project is the belt guard. Sorry I have not taken pictures of the deck on the tractor yet.

thanks for looking
JoBo:D

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dude all you did was use the old one for a template,,LOL,,:rolleyes: ya done good yeppers real good:D

JoBo

Equipment
Mar 15, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
thanks guys.

If I were to have changed the size it would have been smaller. With my folding chute it just fits through the side gate in my yard. I chose the B5100 because of it's smaller size.

Yes I laid the old one on top of the new material to mark all the hole locations:D

JoBo

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice looking work! Great job!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
That looks great. Its a very satisfying feeling making something 'better' then original.

Big N

Equipment
B8200D, BF 300-A Loader
Jul 20, 2014
Avoca, Ar, US
Hey JoBo that mower deck looks great I wish I had the time to do that with mine, but I am just trying to get mine going for now. I just bought my b5100e with the b445 deck which was missing several parts a few of which have been discontinued and that's why I am here.
I am hoping you can help a guy out. I am unable to order all the parts for the belt tensioner on the deck which is completely missing, the only thing I have is the pulley and the spacer that goes against the pulley. I am wondering if you could get some measurements for the two flat pieces and tell me what the round support/stand piece is made up of and if it is something easily buildable. I have no idea how to build these pieces because the only pictures I've seen are the parts drawings.
I would be so thankful for anything you might be able to tell me about those pieces!
Thanks, Big N