Dash lights and glow plugs

boostedglx

Equipment
B21
Nov 5, 2012
poconos
I am workin on a B21 and have replaces both battery cables ,cleaned as many grounds as I could find. Can anyone point me to what powers the dash on and the glow plugs as the glow plugs arent heaing up. this all started at the same time so Im assuming its related.

Thank you

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I understand that the glow plugs aren't working but I understand little else from your post. Maybe this cold i've got has made me a little thickheaded!

The glow plugs should be activated by some action wither it's manually like the older "B" series tractors or solid state. I really can't answer that but, thats where a wiring schematic could help.

If someone has some personal experience or a schematic they'll chime in soon. while we are waiting could you fill me and the others in on the order of event that led up to this. Many time more info the better.

Oh, glad your here!

boostedglx

Equipment
B21
Nov 5, 2012
poconos
Well , I used this machine a few months back . everyhing worked fine. dash guages lights nd the glow plugs worked as well. I know when you turn the key to the first posistion it powers the glow plugs and then you turn to the start position . The guy who owns the machine callem me last week to tell me the machine wont start. I was able to start the machine with a jump and thats when I noticed that the only thin that works is the fuel guage. the machine starts now but I know the glow plugs are not warming up since the machine cranks for a while before firing.

thank you

mdb6000

Equipment
b6000
Oct 11, 2010
monroe, ct
my machine is far older than yours, but perhaps the same in the sense that my glow plug indicator light in the dash was not lighting up and the tractor was hard to start....i changed the glow plugs and now the light works, and the machine starts right up.....perhaps your glowplugs are shot?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
While I do not have your exact tractor, basic troubleshooting techniques are necessary. I would begin by following the power trail from the Batt. to its way to the fuse panel with a quality multimeter or 12v test light. From there follow each broken out circuit from its positive side in the panel through the fuse (including the fuses as they can fool you) on through its control switch to its termination. Make note of any findings you don't understand and let us know. We will try to help from there.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Regarding glow plugs, search other recent posts for same subject.

Should be able to feel top of each glow plug now to determine if heating up. If not, suspect wiring corrosion before anything else.

Has within last few weeks been posts about removing wiring harness from each glow plug and cleaning corrosion for good contact. Something about a tiny nut you shouldn't lose in the process. Posters report good results.

Also other posts here wrt how to use multimeter resistance scale to determine if individual glow plug is bad based on resistance reading. Something along the same lines as checking oven or water heater element.

Please post back and advise how resolved that we may all learn.