Daily Chuckle

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Let me guess, a kid left a Crayon in their pocket, which made it through the washer and into the dryer? I've actually had to do this because a Crayon got stuck on the tub seal (the back one, of course) and would leave stains on the clothes. Not just any crayon, mind you, but TWO crayons, red and green. The missus couldn't find them, so she made me take the dryer apart. I was NOT a happy camper when I found out what had happened, because the dryer was only about 3 months old, and had ruined several pairs of very expensive FR jeans and shirts. Any grease or paraffin on FR clothing makes it no longer FR. The kids went into hiding for a while. Pretty sure the missus put them in WitSec until I calmed down. It's probably a good thing I didn't yet have a tractor with a front-end loader.

That actually looks like a front load washer, though.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Reminds me back in the early 90’s I was training a young lady to run an even then antiquated accounting system for an insurance company. To enter a payment you signed on to the mainframe via a CRT which gave you a blank screen. You had to memorize a bunch of codes to go through the screens to enter payments. Of course we used acronyms for everything and the codes to access the various screens were acronyms. Entering a payment was referred to as “entry”. All made logical sense to me.

Not long into the training, this young female trainee asks, “Who the hell was the man who wrote this program??” Told her I didn’t know and didn’t understand why she was asking. She said, “Because to do my job I go to the PMS program and do entry on the PUSC screen.” Told her I still didn’t get why going to the Policy Update Statistical Screen in the Policy Maintenance System was a problem. She said, “Doing entry on the PUSC screen. Pronounce it and see if you can figure out why I’m sure the guy that wrote this is somewhere laughing his ass off.” I pronounced it (thankfully not out loud). Told her thanks, I’ll never be able to look at that the same way again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users