Daily Chuckle

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Here is a great example of sounds dirty but it's not. If you haven't seen these, be prepared to LYAO, and even better, the looks on faces who hear it but not see it.

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
A man in London walked into the produce section of his local Tesco's supermarket and asked to buy half a head of lettuce. The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole heads of lettuce. The man was insistent that the boy ask the manager about the matter.

Walking into the back room, the boy said to the manager,

"Some old codger wants to buy a half a head of lettuce."

As he finished his sentence, he turned around to find that the man was standing right behind him, so he quickly added,

"and this gentleman kindly offered to buy the other half."

The manager approved the deal and the man went on his way.

Later, the manager said to the boy,
"I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier, we like people who can think on their feet here, where are you from son?"

"New Zealand, sir," the boy replied.

"Why did you leave New Zealand ?" the manager asked.

The boy said, "Sir, there's nothing but easy woman and rugby players there."

"Is that right?" replied the manager," My wife is from New Zealand !"

"Really?" replied the boy, "Who'd she play for?"

Reactions: 1 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
St. Peter is at the pearly gates when 3 nuns approach. He tells the nuns they each must answer a question before they can enter Heaven.

The first nun approaches and St. Peter asks "Who was the first man"? The nun replies "Adam". Birds sing, bells ring and the gate opens.

The second nun approaches and St. Peter asks "Who was the first woman"? The nun replies "Eve". Birds sing, bells ring and the gate opens.

The third nun approaches and St. Peter asks "What was the first thing Eve said to Adam"? The nun looks at the ground, deep in though and mumbles. The fist thing she said, the first thing she said. After several minutes she looks up to St. Peter and says "Boy, that's a hard one". Birds sing, bells ring and the gate opens.

Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
That's funny but it's completely wrong:

A wind turbine generally produces 20 to 25 times the amount of energy that is needed to construct it
Sure, but the CO2 damage is already done. Now if they were CO2 negative, then they would be far better for the environment. They still produce CO2 during operation too which surprised me, but makes sense.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Sure, but the CO2 damage is already done. Now if they were CO2 negative, then they would be far better for the environment. They still produce CO2 during operation too which surprised me, but makes sense.
CO2 produced during operation is almost zero. Most of the CO2 "footprint" values for windmills include the CO2 produced to make and install the windmills.
Even then, the CO2 "footprint" of a windmill is so small compared to even solar, let alone fossil fuels. Ironically, the lowest CO2 footprint per kilowatt energy produced is nuclear.