Considering a B2601 for around the house.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Have your dealer bring one out for you to test drive around your land. Yes it is a good little tractor and it will plow disk and pretty much everything you want to do on a small scale. Now remember the kitchen is smalish if you have big feet like me it might be a problem, and at lest for me it always seems top heavy, but maybe that just me

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That is my thoughts exactly. Can use the little thing for just about anything. Also being hydrostatic and the wife being able to use it makes it a little easier to convince her;)
My significant other drives it fine. Main thing is to know what she might want to use it for next and leave it configured right - she doesn't like taking mower on and off, nor loader on and off. So if I know she might mow, I take loader off when I park it. If I think she might move dirt, I put loader on and take mower off.

I tried to convince Mum to get one, she has an old TEA Ferguson, and a mini-excavator, and a SxS and ride on. And one machine could replace most of that, with much easier use. Importantly she has no FEL, although the mini-ex fills some of that need she'd be way better with a FEL to lift and carry. She uses the transport tray on the TEA for that, but it's not really the same.

It's super nice having a machine that's reasonably capable, but doesn't wreck everything it drives past (unless your son is driving it).

dkc923

Equipment
m7060 cab, b2601, kx080-4, l305
Oct 11, 2013
South Louisiana
My significant other drives it fine. Main thing is to know what she might want to use it for next and leave it configured right - she doesn't like taking mower on and off, nor loader on and off. So if I know she might mow, I take loader off when I park it. If I think she might move dirt, I put loader on and take mower off.

I tried to convince Mum to get one, she has an old TEA Ferguson, and a mini-excavator, and a SxS and ride on. And one machine could replace most of that, with much easier use. Importantly she has no FEL, although the mini-ex fills some of that need she'd be way better with a FEL to lift and carry. She uses the transport tray on the TEA for that, but it's not really the same.

It's super nice having a machine that's reasonably capable, but doesn't wreck everything it drives past (unless your son is driving it).
Yeah my 8 year old son will invent a way to break something