Clutch Pedal Question--Preventing Stuck Clutch

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Question to my fellow(ette) Orange Believers:

There have recently been a couple of questions about stuck clutches appear in the forum.

How many users make a habit of using the clutch pedal 'disengage lock'---the little hook behind the clutch pedal that when hooked into the pedal hole holds the clutch in a fully depressed position?

After one event (parked for a month due to rare and unseasonal monsoon weather) we learned----and now we hook the clutch pedal "down" every time we get off the machine.

What do you do?

And, for the Tech pros, what is considered 'good practice' by Kubota and / or your experience?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I don't block any of the clutches on my 3 tractors. I seem to use them each enough to prevent the clutch sticking. Plus they all stay under cover when not in use. Sometimes I wonder if I should and some day I may pay the price for not blocking them down.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
My L175 doesn't have a lock, I understand that Kubota used to supply a block of wood to hold the clutch pedal down.

The clutch was stuck when my buddy traded for the tractor, but after we freed it up I have always stored it in the barn, out of the weather and have had no further problems with it sticking, even when sitting for up to five months over the winter.

I may regret it one day, but until it sticks again; I don't worry about it.

Robert