CID rock bucket

Chuck Woolery

Equipment
2021 Kubota B2601
Jun 4, 2021
Wisconsin
Got me a 48" CID rock bucket for my B2601. This thing is awesome and the perfect size for the tractor too. Digs real well and I was finally able to easily place stones for a retaining wall.

A little pricey of a somewhat "single use" attachment, but I needed it. When we built the house 3 years ago my neighbor took down his old barn with a stone foundation. I couldn't let the stones go to waste and knew I needed to build several retaining walls on one side of my driveway. At the time we only had a gravel driveway and I was able to borrow my bosses skid loader to bring the rocks over. I wasn't ready for the retaining walls yet so I just dumped the stones on the opposite side of the driveway from the retaining walls. After 3 years there was plenty of dirt, weeds, and leaves mixed in with the stones. Plus we paved the driveway last year so there was no way I was going to do the work with the skid loader again. The rock bucket and the Kubota easily took care of stone work.

While I was at it, I also realized I had a 52" Impact Implements one point landscape rake I had bought on clearance a while back to use with a garden tractor. Luckily I had some 2"x2" tubing laying around so I made a quick stub to get it to mount to the receiver hitch on my 3 point trailer mover from Titan Industries. Worked great to rake out the area after picking up the stones. The section in the picture was the worst and it had a small cliff alongside the driveway. The rock bucket doubled as a land plane to take the peak of the cliff down and then the rake smoothed it all out. I was worried the rake wouldn't be strong enough, but it handled fine and even dug out some stones buried in the dirt.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users