chainsaw scabbard

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Can anyone help me find were i just saw a post with a slick chainsaw scabbard that clams on- seems like it would be great to carry a saw on the tractor. I cant find it now....

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Made a saw scabbard out of a 2x8 run repeatedly over a table saw making a long flat 1.5 deep x 5.5 wide-inch groove down the middle leaving 1-inch on each long side. Covered with a 1x8 and screwed all together.

Open on bottom for oil drain.

2x6 might work better just had scraps of 8-inch lying around.

Saw rides in dismountable basket bolted above brushhog gearbox. Used a fence staple to hook a bungee cord to and then around saw handle. Basket also carries fuel, oil, wedges, grease, etc.

Basket padded with old carpet scrap. And when not in use occupied by well-oiled mostly waterproofed semi-feral barncat.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
No, that is not it but i will look that up- that looks good. Are you happy with it? how did you install it on your machine?
Well, I bought it last winter at the local metal supply business where they actually make & sell them in house. I knew that I'd have to tote my chainsaw around my property at some point and wanted a good way to tote it around. In my opinion, it was my best choice because of the no rust & simple construction. I was going to mount it on my ATV or my logging arch at some point but with the arrival of the tractor, I may end up with two. While not mounted yet, I've test fitted it and I have no doubt that it will securely grip the bar very solidly to the scabbard while protecting the teeth. It's all aluminum and they do have a variety of lengths to choose from, even an open ended version.

I've done my own research and in my opinion, was the best bang for the buck.