Case L340 loader mounted on a B2150 HST tractor

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
I promised a while back I would get some pics of the L340 Case loader on a B2150 Kubota. The loader has a universal quicktach which I like, it has a rather large bucket 68" which I just installed a new cutting edge on. It will be perfect for snow removal.

I am not impressed with the job the owner from Alabama did to mount the loader. He did a good job but he could have spent a bit more time and built the rear mount brackets to allow for removal. I think I will cut the welds off the bottom of the verticle arms and build some sort of bolt on brackets to allow for easy removal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
A few more pics.
I just added a rearward facing work light last night.
Looking at specs the B2150 manual says loader lift capacity of 850 lbs and the loader specs out at 1250 lbs lifitng capacity at the pins. So overall it is a close match, loader is designed for a 25-28 hp farmall tractor.

Attachments

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Pretty sturdy looking rig!

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Removing a loader now and then seems like a huge hassle to me. When do you think you would do that?

If I were to make a modification, it would be to add onto what you have now. I would do some searching around at how loader subframes are constructed. Google Images search would be a good place to start. From your pics, it's not obvious to me whether or not your tractor has a frame, or if the main loader frame is just bolted to the engine block and bell housing. Given that the loader lift capacity is greater than what the Kubota loader would have had, I think you are especially vulnerable. My loader subframe has two large arms that extend rearward from the loader arm towers to the rear axle. You want the loader to attempt to pick up the whole tractor, not bend it in the middle.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Removing a loader now and then seems like a huge hassle to me. When do you think you would do that?

If I were to make a modification, it would be to add onto what you have now. I would do some searching around at how loader subframes are constructed. Google Images search would be a good place to start. From your pics, it's not obvious to me whether or not your tractor has a frame, or if the main loader frame is just bolted to the engine block and bell housing. Given that the loader lift capacity is greater than what the Kubota loader would have had, I think you are especially vulnerable. My loader subframe has two large arms that extend rearward from the loader arm towers to the rear axle. You want the loader to attempt to pick up the whole tractor, not bend it in the middle.
Probably and realistically the only time the loader would come off is if major work like engine work or clutch replacement would be necessary.
The tractor has kind of an intigral frame, it is part frame part main tractor structure, the loader mounts bolt to the flywheel housing which doubles as part of the frame the way it looks. The front half has a frame the engine mounts into, the center section looks to be a hybrid frame/structure that connects the front frame to the tranny housing, the rear tranny/diff is self contained and has no frame work.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Thanks for the heads up Magkarl! I started a new thread looking for pics of these braces and how they would mount on the rear axle area of a B2150.

I looked at the rear axle and don't see any easy attachment points so I am looking for pics of an actual B2150 that may have these rear braces.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
My tractor has a very simple connection to the rear axle. The subframe arms extend underneath the axle, and it's bolted up. The connection pretty much functions like a square u-bolt down over the axle.