BX2660 - this week's problem

Tundra03

Equipment
BX2660
May 6, 2013
Trappe, Maryland
Last week a seal failed at 18 hours and all the hydraulic fluid ended up in my driveway - I spent 4 hours last Monday at the dealer waiting to get that fixed.

Yesterday, at 29 hours, I turned the ignition switch off - and the tractor kept running. The Temp and Fuel Gage's drop down and the Tach goes off as if it shut off, but the engine keeps running. The safety kills don't work (they did before this happened). If I engage the PTO, and step out of the seat, the MMM engages and continues to run. The the HST forward and reverse will engage if I'm out of the seat.

I shut it down by putting the HST in high, setting the parking brake, and stalling it. I've started it twice since but the the same situation recurs.

So first thing Monday it is back onto the trailer and 50 miles back to the dealer - and another day lost from work.

I'm beginning to wonder if this thing came off the assembly line on a Friday afternoon.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
03 Im not so sure you shouldn't paint it yellow!!! And you might want to talk pretty nasty to the dealer about it and maybe go back to Kubota if this stuff keeps up,, just MHO but then I haven't had my coffee yet

Tundra03

Equipment
BX2660
May 6, 2013
Trappe, Maryland
Got it figured out.

After reading Dave's (volfandt) 2010 post on MTF, and not seeing any fuses blown, I started thinking (finally) that perhaps some other electrical issus akin to a blown fuse might be causing it. I started tracing the wiring harness and connections and found a seperated plug (see photo). That was all it was. I assume that when it was assembled, the plug lock had not fully engaged and while it was shaking away at idle, it finally shook lose.

The BX is working again!

I almost got it all right. The tractor shuts down just fine using the ignition key switch. But the safety features still are not working - I can step off the tractor with the PTO engaged and it does not shut down, and I can stand next to it while it is running and push on the forward or reverse petal and it does not shut down - it moves! I'll ruminate on this some more, but if I don't get it figured out, I'll talk to the dealer about it.

Interesting that when it is under warranty, I don't engage my brain, thinking first that it must be some fatal flaw - get it back to the dealer and let them fix it. Obviously I need to settle into ownig this thing and get used to working with it, instead of just sitting on it.

Thanks to all of you who responded. I'd have wasted a day if it wasn't for this forum and the MTT forum. Nice to know that you are not alone with your BX, and that folks are so willing to give of their time to help.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
03 if Im thinking right,, there is the lever on the left side and it would show different positions for the PTO on would be for the MMM one for just the rear PTO and the other for both and I think though I could be wrong if its in that both PTOs running you might be able to get off and still run Never tried it my self so Im not sure

kubseki

Dec 17, 2012
Australia
Hi Tundra

sorry I wasn't of more help, sent you a PM about the possible cause :)
and had to put the Kubota to bed .. it was 1 in the morning here. LOL

I think you should remind your dealer that you bought a new Kubota not a Grey Import. A tractor that won't shut off is a safety issue!

Anyhow glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting back.
The PTO engage lever has a safety switch on it, check it out.

Cheers

Last edited: