BX25 Plow Options - Quick attach plow question

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Hello All:

I'm picking up a BX25 on Friday....already starting to research options for a plow for next winter.

Looks like the Kubota quick attach plow that attaches to the FEL does not have hydraulic angling.....vs the plow that attaches via the quick hitch does...

Just curious if anyone has run both of these setups and has any comments on pro vs. cons of each setup.

Thanks for ahead for any advise for this BX rookie...

Tony

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
While I don't have one (yet). I think hydraulic angle for the FEL plow is optional. You would just need a BX third function valve which is available through Landpride.

I plan on getting a FEL plow for my B2650 for the simple reason it will allow for easy change between the plow and bucket, plus I can still use my pallet forks for moving firewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
I don't like the Kubota plow. I know it works, and a lot of guys use it... but a plow can put a lot of pressure on the vehicle, and a FEL arm isn't going to take a hard hit.

If you think about any specific built plow... the mount is always low, and in-line. Heck... even my ATV plow is built that way.

SO... Personally... I would either adapt an ATV plow, and bracket... and add the hydro. OR... I would look on your local craigslist, and find one from a JD, and adapt the bracket to the front of the tractor frame.

FYI... I'm thinking of using my tractor next season to plow, and retire my ATV from that job. AND... I won't be buying the overpriced Kubota plow.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :D

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I would do whatever is necessary to keep the FEL mounted and be able to switch between bucket and blade. Maybe consider a rear mount blade or blower to compliment the bucket.
My previous tractor (L3410) plowed well with a rear blade and front bucket, with big snows using a rear mount snow blower. I would not be without the FEL.
Current rig has a QA front blade / bucket and either a blower or 7' blade on the rear. The L series tractors have the industry standard skid steer QA, so I have more front options.
The rear mount implements are significantly cheaper with many more options.
Just my 2 cents...

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have two suggestions:

There are numerous threads on snow removal using front blades (fel and quick attach), rear blades, loaders, front snowblowers, rear snowblowers, probably some other implement I am overlooking.... If you haven't seen them you should do a search and some reading.

You will get better recommendations if you provide more information on where you are removing snow. One mile of crooked, hilly, dirt driveway will have different solutions than 200 ft of straight, level, concrete driveway.

On your specific question one consideration is: When you get a lot of snow you may need to use the fel to clear a path so you can use the blade.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I have the Kubota quick hitch plow W/hydro angle. I do not have the one for the FEL nor am I sure I will. The plow I have is very useful for both snow and dirt. I believe the FEL is primarily a lifting tool (yes it can dig). I have hit a few rocks with my FEL while scraping dirt and an occasional ice chunk while moving snow. When I do it rocks my BX24. I use my FEL to place snow not plow with it. I use a rear blade as my plowing source. I think I would rather have a frame mounted plow not an FEL plow of you wanted my $.02

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
You northern guys kill me:D... saw the title and immediately thought this:

Not this:

:eek:

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Thanks guys for the help so far.

My driveway is approx 200' long gravel with a slight grade up hill from my garage to the road. Widest point is around 30' near my garage. It narrows toward the road to about 12' wide.

I was considering pushing uphill out the driveway and stack across the road.

I can also stack to the sides in my yard.

We typically get a fair amount of lake effect snow where I live. Something around 100".

Appreciate any other advise you guys have for my specific situation.

Here is a picture of my driveway and my new (to me) rig!

drive.jpg

tractor.jpg

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have no experience with a plow, but I believe they can be a struggle with more than 8" of snow especially when it is heavy snow. At least for price comparison I would look at a used rear snowblower. A front mount snowblower is a lot nicer, but a lot more expensive and harder to find used (at least one that will fit). You have a relatively short and straight driveway so a rear mount blower would work and not require an hour of backing up.