bx2380 airflow direction

BillSz

Jan 2, 2019
Northfield, Mn
I'm sure this is probably a stupid question but I just purchased a "radiator genie" to clean my 2380 radiator. In the instructions it says to backwash the radiator. Based on where the radiator is and the pre screen I assume the airflow is moving from the seat to the engine so the opposite should be true for cleaning the radiator. Blowing from the engine toward the seat. I've watched individuals clean a bx radiator and they all seem to go from the seat side forward. This is seems opposite to me but since I've never cleaned it before I'm open to any advice. I don't want to damage the radiator and wonder if it matters if you approach it from both sides? Thanks for your help, Bill

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Airflow is front to back so you clean the rad from the back (fan side) towards the front (rad screen). Remove the rad screen first.

Now it it was a JD with a reverse flow fan..................

Willie1

Equipment
BX2370
Apr 17, 2015
Bruceton Mills, WV
BillSz
You are correct. Remember the engine in a BX is mounted BACKWARDS. The fan pulls air from the operator station FORWARD through the engine compartment. To backflush the radiator you would flush FROM the engine side of the rad (FRONT) through to the operator station station side (REAR).

Reactions: 1 user