BX1860 hydraulics question

Felix1

Mar 24, 2012
NC
Any 1860 owners here?

If so, I've got a question about the hydraulics. As far as I see, there's only one lever which controls the raising/lowering of the 3PH arms and the mid-mounted mower simultaneously.

Am I missing something here?

Is there some way to select mid/rear/both like you can do with the mid and rear PTOs?

Because I sure wouldn't want to have something mounted on the 3PH and find that it's moving up & down when I'm raising & lowering the mower deck.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I've never used your exact machine but I think that there may be a way to lock the deck up while using the 3ph but not the other way around. Maybe someone else can chime in with the exact info you need.

Felix1

Mar 24, 2012
NC
The owner's manual covers how to lock the MMM in the up position so the 3PH can be used independently (raise it full up and turn the cutting height knob to max cutting height position) but what I'm more interested in is locking the 3PH in a set position while being able to raise/lower the MMM.

Scenario...liquid fertilizer spreader mounted on the 3PH while mowing.

I don't want the fertilizer spreader moving up & down when I raise & lower the mower deck.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I could be wrong but, I don't think it'll work that way.

Felix1

Mar 24, 2012
NC
A BX1860 user on the TBN Forum came up with a workable solution:

Pin the lifting rods to the holder plate brackets which will make the 3PH stationary. The lifting arms will continue to move up & down but the drawbar position will remain in place. The lifting rod turnbuckle can adjust the drawbar to the correct height to accommodate the liquid fertilizer spreader.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats the only way it can be done,,if your useing the 3pt it goes up and down you can lock the deck, but not so the 3pt,, like said pin it to the locked spot with the keepers and you dont have to worry,,, BUT if you want to mow and use the 3pt your pretty much SOL,, sorry but thats how it works

cummings

Equipment
BX1860
Oct 2, 2011
North Florida
Assuming the MMM and 3PH are all the way up my 1860 lowers the MMM to the level I have it set at before the 3PH starts to move down and yours should also. Just watch it closely and you'll see. It's a fine line before the 3PH starts to move but you'll figure it out.