BX Rear Hydraulics Control Valve Option

JKAlex

Equipment
BX25D-1
Apr 8, 2015
Greenwood, Nova Scotia
As a new owner of a BX25DTLB, as well as being new to the Kubota and tractor world, my learning curve has been verticle. I have to give thanks to Paul Short and his Youtube channel for helping me understand the BX25D and tractor machanics and machining. You have been immense help! For any other new owners, check out his channel, it is well worth it.

Now down to the problem or caution to BX25 owners that I almost learnt the hard way. I recently visited my local Kubota dealer to see about ordering a rear snowblower (B2789), with driven chute and deflector. I was advised to go with the Hydraulic chute motor that would also require the BX Rear Hydraulic Control Valve Option. Not knowing any better I agreed and the order was made. After, however, some people advised me that the rear hydraulic control mounted to the ROPS and was a hydraulic control valve, I started to think twice. Not really liking this, I started some research on www.kubota.ca (they have a wonderful parts illustration breakdown for virtually every Kubota product). To make a long story short, I found the BX Rear Hydraulic Valve option listed under the BX2370-1, but not as an option to the BX25D-1. This made me dig more, and as it turns out, the BX25D-1 backhoe uses the pressure, tank and power beyond that the option valve requires. Yes, since both the BX2370 and the BX25D use the same transission and basic hydraulics configuration, it can be installed on the BX25D, but you will loose the ability to hook up the backhoe, therefore making it useless.

So, taking a page from Paul Short, I is going to modify it! It is my plan to use the hydraulic motor, but install a electohydraulic valve, with an electric actuator for the deflector, controlled by a 4 position joystick switch that will be mounted on the left side of the seat. With luck, and of course permission from the wife, I will video it and put it up on Youtube for everyones enjoyment... or riticule.

Last edited: