Buying first Kubota (used)

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Its just a dream, some stuff I want to do I just dont need a 4' wide trench, like running some conduit to the garage.
Yeah, I'd sort of like a backhoe, even though I'd use it only once or twice a year. The reality is that much of the trenching I do I couldn't get the tractor to anyway.

For straight and narrow trench in open spaces, a chain trencher (ditch witch) is way faster....

Reactions: 1 user

Bonez

Equipment
Kubota with LA211
Apr 26, 2024
Desoto Mo
Yeah, I'd sort of like a backhoe, even though I'd use it only once or twice a year. The reality is that much of the trenching I do I couldn't get the tractor to anyway.

For straight and narrow trench in open spaces, a chain trencher (ditch witch) is way faster....
Not here with all this limestone/bedrock, guess thats why this house is on a slab with no basement? A backhoe would be great for a lot of trenching needed around this house, need to level and dig for a new porch and drainage.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not here with all this limestone/bedrock, guess thats why this house is on a slab with no basement? A backhoe would be great for a lot of trenching needed around this house, need to level and dig for a new porch and drainage.
Better get a DEDICATED backhoe for the work you describe.
A Kubota "attachment" backhoe will likely not be strong enough for the work you seem to need.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
A Kubota "attachment" backhoe will likely not be strong enough for the work you seem to need.
You definitely wouldn't want an add-on (3ph) backhoe. Digging limestone will work it pretty hard. The subframe attached model will do better, perhaps with a ripper on it rather than a bucket. And work slow. But ultimately @fried1765 is right, a mini-ex will do that kind of work way better.

Bonez

Equipment
Kubota with LA211
Apr 26, 2024
Desoto Mo
I wont be digging bedrock, but there is a lot of busted rock buried in the soil around the house, can be dug with a shovel just a PITA.... even if I had some sort of a digging hook to just drag behind the tractor would work, just a backhow would be nice to have, not a deal breaker.