Buying advice for tractor and implements

24vcummns98

May 5, 2015
Virginia
Hey guys I'm sure you get quite a few of these but needing some help.

Looking to purchase a machine open station for our farm and to use at our business. We have 24 acres to tend to and several commercial buildings and of course our parking lots to do snow removal in.

Yesterday I started trying to get some information and pricing from a couple different local dealers. So far this is what they have come up with-

Tractor- L4060 r4 tires hydro 4x4 with loader and quick attach bucket 72 inch with a mid pto kit (for the snow blower) which is a definite want for us. Price 30,391

Snow blower- L4479 74 inch blower with manual chute deflector. I'm a little worried this tractor won't have enough power to drive this big blower. Am I off based with my concern? Should we step it down? Price quote on the blower is 7633

RCR 6 foot cutter model number 1272 price quote 1,450. Is 6 foot to much? Is it the right model etc.?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing your reccomendations

Cole

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
how big are your parking lots and what other general work will you be doing? I would think it will do the job fine, just maybe not as fast as you would wish it to....but then again, having 60 horse might not have enough to make it as fast as you would want to.

like I said, I think you will be fine.

the typical rule is 5 pto hp per foot of implement size. 6 foot says 30 pto hp minimum. the 4060 should make about 32.5 give or take. so I think it has the grunt, but it probably wouldn't hurt to spring the extra for the 4760....you get much more than just a few more ponies in capabilities.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
It may well be fine, but my inclination is to go with a bit more power than I think I'll need and it's worked well for me.

As to the cutter, my preference would be to step up to the RCR18 Series with slip clutch as well as chain guards front and rear. I run an RCR2672 Series with my 5740 and really like it.

24vcummns98

May 5, 2015
Virginia
Parking lot sizes are decent they are fitted for a 24k square foot building and a 18k square foot building. We have an additional 120k square feet in 3 buildings on the way So of course those lots too.

Regular work around the houses were actually building a couple houses so I'm sure will use them while under construction.

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated