Binders and Chains or Ratchet Straps

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I'm not sure how so many are messing up their paint with chains. Are you running the chain over the machine instead of just hooking to anchor points? I've never hurt the paint on my machines with chains, but only the hooks at the end of the chain touch my machines, or I will sometimes run a chain through a clevis on the drawbar depending on what I'm hauling and how.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I'm not sure how so many are messing up their paint with chains. Are you running the chain over the machine instead of just hooking to anchor points? I've never hurt the paint on my machines with chains, but only the hooks at the end of the chain touch my machines, or I will sometimes run a chain through a clevis on the drawbar depending on what I'm hauling and how.
I'm pretty sure that most are referring to the axle paint.

I can only comment on my 2501, but the only "tie down" point from the factory is the draw bar.

The front has no suitable tie down points, therefore the best solution I could come up with was wrapping chains or straps around the front axle.

I used straps originally to prevent the chains from tearing up the paint on the axle, not the body paint.

Then I fabbed up a " bolt on tiedown plate" and switched to chains. (y)

Reactions: 1 users

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
In the front, I use the grab hooks on my chains on the frame. Works great and doesn't damage anything.

When I had a BX I used to hook them to the bolted-on front brush guard which was pretty sturdy. Here's a pic I already had hosted for another purpose from years ago. I think I was showing someone how instead of using four separate chains to tie down at each corner, I add grab hooks in the middle of a 20' chain so that I don't have to cut the chain and can use it as a 20-footer still if I ever need it to pull something.