Best basic implements to go with an L3902 tractor ??

tigmades

Aug 16, 2023
Manitoba, Canada
Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been busy getting acquainted with my new gear, and haven't been back to the site until tonight.

My dealer (Douglas Lake Equipment) in Surrey got it through an Ontario supplier, and had it shipped out to BC. I don't have access to the paperwork with the name of the distributor this week, but should be able to next week and happy to provide you. Also happy to chat further directly with you to help out a fellow countryman, if you want to provide a contact number or email !!

I was told by my dealer that the birba would come with duckfoot blades, not the flail hammers that I wanted, so I ordered a set of hammers so that I could swap them out in future. Turns out they came with the flail hammers installed, so I ended up with a spare set. It also looked from the literature than the ground skids on the ends were an option, so I ordered a set. Again, turns out the skids came installed, so I have a spare set of those as well. Nice I guess, but I'm out more than a grand $CDN for the spare hammers and skids.

I don't have a quick hitch. I have a big shop with a concrete floor, and I have built rolling dollies (lots of examples on YT) one per implement so that I can easily move gear about for easy connection and for storage. So far working out very well.

Stay tuned, more to follow next week once I get back to the shop.
No need to apologize, we've all got lives outside the internet :) I appreciate you coming to update the post.

I ended up finding a dealer through the MTI Canada link (I had found it a couple weeks ago but thanks for sending it!). After many disappointing "I'll let you know tomorrow... monday... this week...today" I FINALLY received a text this morning that the maschio unit is unavailable until 2024 so they proposed a 'very similar product' - the Orsi Garden150. The problem I think most people have is there are so many flails but little info out there and not much on the Orsi either. The $4.9k "plus freight, setup and tax". I have inquired about the birba135 in case that might be in stock but doubt it. Mind if Iask what you ended up paying for yours?

Feels like I'm back at the drawing board. Farmer Equipment Sales in ON has a sale on their BECO 48" for 4k, which can chew up to 3" material supposedly. Considering what I really-shouldn't-but-do-anyways put my finishing mower through, something that can handle 1-2" saplings would be nice. I see so many flail mowers are the same just different paint and brands. I've found the Nova Tractor "no name version" of the MFZ-135 and EFGC-135 on alibaba - so just for fun going to see how much shipping costs are.

Western

Equipment
l3902, LA26, LP BB1566, Maschio Birba 155F flail mower
May 20, 2023
Sunshine Coast BC Canada
The Surrey Kubota dealer charged me $5,396 CDN including freight and setup, but not tax, so sounds pretty comparable to your quote, apples to apples.

Then there was additional $800 for the spare flail hammers, $300 for the spare skids, and $180 for two spare belts.

Sorry to hear about the lack of availability until 2024. When I ordered in May there were only two BIRBA155's in Canada, and no more expected until the next season in 2024.

I'm a novice and don't have any insight on the other brands you mention.

Best of luck!!