Been in the woods again with my latest Top Tool.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi all, Just returned back from a day in the our woods (small forest may be a better description;) ).
Anyway, picked up a nice little PTO chipper/shredder recently for use on the B7100 & B8200 with the purpose of making our own mulch and chippings, also to try and keep the wild wood managed a bit better.

Purchased this low usage 2nd user model as it had a good reputation for build quality and performance on lower HP tractors, and all parts are readily available.
It uses high quality heavy duty bearings etc and grease nipple points everywhere to keep it lubed up properly.
Having used it on 3 occasions so far for the best part of 8 hrs a day, it has proved to be an excellent piece of kit.
The chipper can handle upto 4 inch timber and the shredder will tackle upto 15mm inc twigs,straw, leaves etc anything that will mulch down.
2 bladed chipper makes nice small chippings & shredder with 54 hammers makes excellent mulch.
Its gravity feed but with the way its designed and the blade shape etc it draws timber really well,,sometimes a bit too quick:eek: so allway need to be monitoring what is being put through the mill as they say.
It works really well on our B7100 with th D850 engine and can handle without bogging down the engine speed etc upto 3 inch timber, when running from the B8200 it will tackle 4inch with ease.
Nice quick easy hookup to the pto aswell, all in i think its a great purchase and i have allready chipped up a small mountain of wood chippings & mulch for use later in the year.:D
The only thing i would have liked on it would be a discharge shoot for using to fill a trailer etc, as it discharges at the side onto the floor , not really a big issue to be honest i just put a big tarp down first to collect it all onto.
Certainly worth the money in my view.

piccy's below.
rob

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Real nice set up,, now you and wildfire need to get together and have a,,,ahhhh chipoff,,,lol

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Now theres a plan.....;);):D, nah i think he'd beat me hands down with that kit of his, but mine is faster in orange and green livery....:D
rob

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Rob, really nice looking chipper.

I have a similar setup, only mine is made by Goossen. I am very impressed with the amount of kinetic energy in the rotating chipper and flails. It takes 3 to 4 minutes for it to spin down once disengaged!

I also got 5 stitches in the end of my finger when I was cleaning chips away from the lower screen and two flails hit the end of my finger. I had been using my foot, but for some stupid reason, I bent over and was pushing them away with my gloved hand and my index finger went right through one of the 1" holes in the discharge screen. I didn't even know it until two flail knives hit it. Ended up with two stitches through my nail and three in the tip. I was really lucky. I now scoop the chips away!! Here is how the finger looked on day 3:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Br5GDCQGPLE/T6sJyh3LD2I/AAAAAAAABPI/0YQHoayFVxs/s640/P1000676.JPG

I have found the chipper feeds easier if I sharpen the chipper knives about every 10 hours of use. If I don't, it gets hard to feed.

Here are some pictures of the Goossen apart. I was cleaning pine tar out from the PO's use, sharpening the chipper blades and turning the flails around to an unused side:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110263893958737890068/GoossenChipper

They are great machines, but you must respect them!

John in VA