Ballast box won't fit.

GEPM64

Equipment
B2601 with FEL, Box Scraper, rotary mower, 3pt snowblower and Sovema Tiller
Sep 15, 2014
Hazelridge, Manitoba, Canada
I went to the dealer and picked up a ballast box for my bx2370. They sold me a kubota B5320 box. I went to connect it and it won't fit. The top link connects fine, but the bottom link pins are too fat to fit through the holes on the box and even if they did they're too short. Did they sell be the wrong one? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Glenn

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Did the dealer supply the pins? If they did, then have them exchange them for the proper pins. If they are yours, then you can get different sized pins from tractor supply for a fairly reasonable price;)

I've had to get a different set of pins for my finish mower for that reason

GEPM64

Equipment
B2601 with FEL, Box Scraper, rotary mower, 3pt snowblower and Sovema Tiller
Sep 15, 2014
Hazelridge, Manitoba, Canada
Did the dealer supply the pins? If they did, then have them exchange them for the proper pins. If they are yours, then you can get different sized pins from tractor supply for a fairly reasonable price;)

I've had to get a different set of pins for my finish mower for that reason

They're the pins from my box scrapper. Not only are they too short, but the pins are thicker then the ballast box. Should I just get longer pins and drill the ballast box holes bigger to fit the fatter pins?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Drilling and longer pins are a definite option. Or a longer, narrow pin:D your choice, other then the weight it's carrying there isn't any stress to worry about

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I went to the dealer and picked up a ballast box for my bx2370. They sold me a kubota B5320 box. I went to connect it and it won't fit. The top link connects fine, but the bottom link pins are too fat to fit through the holes on the box and even if they did they're too short. Did they sell be the wrong one? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Glenn
Hi Glenn, so the pins you received when you bought the box are likely 7/8and you need 3/4" and a longer size. You can stop at Princess Auto on Panet Rd and get the pins you need ( measure the length you need) or go back to the dealer and ask for the proper ones. Barry

Johnbmds1

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 3, 2014
Manheim, PA. USA
Glenn
The lower pins should be what is called Category 1 pins you may have just gotten the wrong pins. There are companies that build Ballast boxes for the BX that are also a tool carrier like Earth & Turf Products. The BX needs a little narrower width pin and shorter top link hole height and they understand this.