Backhoe for L185DT

ltienken

Mar 27, 2009
Independence, MO
As a new tractor owner I really enjoy this site. I recently purchased a L185DT(circa 1978) that has a front blade. I would like to put a backhoe on it. Is this possible? Any recommendations as to brand and size or anything to be aware of?
Thanks for your help.

Curbster

Equipment
L-185 DT
Feb 19, 2009
Nelson, B.C.
I don't know about the backhoe part of things, other than I have seen many on Kubota tractors, but I do have an L185DT and it is a marvelous little workhorse! After many years of hard use and dare I say, somewhat abusive operation, at times, I am now in the process of installing a new clutch and bearing. I can say, with certainty, that you should never pop the clutch out when rolling backwards down a hill, with the gearshift in first - low range - four wheel drive! In this case, it was not myself operating the tractor, but I am helping pick up the pieces of clutch plate from within the housing as it literally explodes! Thanks to Vic for speedy parts at decent prices! Now, if only he was here to creep around under the thing. :)

Attachments

cstempert

Equipment
L185DT-L1730FEL -Woods L59 , Kubota plow blade, Case 220 w/ snowblower / blade /mower / Cyclone rake
Jun 30, 2009
Wolcott, CT
I also have a L185DT and it is a great tractor. I just finished repainting and putting all new decals on it. It was hit by a branch across the bonnet, really banged up and left out to rust. Looks decent now. I am loking for a suitable front end loader for it. Anyone have any details, pics, etc for an FEL? I would imagine a backhoe would have to be fairly small for this tractor.
Im looked into a couple Woods 1006 kits, but Wood's doesn't make any kits to mount to the L-xxx series.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
cst, I have an L235 with a Bush Hog brand FEL on it. It is mountad to the tractor very solidily. If it was orange, you'd think it was made by Kubota for the tractor.

cstempert

Equipment
L185DT-L1730FEL -Woods L59 , Kubota plow blade, Case 220 w/ snowblower / blade /mower / Cyclone rake
Jun 30, 2009
Wolcott, CT
Thanks.

Bushhog tells me the 1847QT will fit well and has brackets premade. They are about $4000 though. Waiting patiently for a deal on one. I see a lot of Wood's units NOS or used, but they don't have any kits specifically for the L185 L1501 L1801 etc.