Backhoe for B6000

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
I'm trying to get an idea what options I have for putting a backhoe on my B6000. If I understand correctly, there was a B619 built for this model tractor. And there were B629 and B670 for other models.

I saw what I think was a B670 on craigslist the other day and I didn't get a hold of the guy soon enough. I wasn't sure what would be involved in making it work on my tractor or if it would even be a good idea. Opinions?

It seems all these older backhoes are rare as hens teeth. Do people just not get rid of them or were there just not that many sold? I live in a sparsely populated area, so I expect to not see any come up for sale, but I hardly ever see one on ebay or through a nationwide search of craigslist.

For my budget, I think one of the older ones would be best. I'm fine with rebuilding one. I don't know if I want to build one from scratch, but I suppose that's an option. Are there any other older backhoe models I should keep my eye out for?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The older ones are rare, I've only seen 3 B670s; mine, (came with the tractor) one in New Mexico that was pretty rough, and one in Indiana that was essentially scrap metal. If you find one, it will probably need work and you may need to fabricate a subframe to attach it to your particular tractor. Here's a link covering two of us rebuilding our B670s, just to give you an idea of what to expect.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482&highlight=b670

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
I figured it'd be tough to find one and it'd be in bad shape if I did. But I'm not sure what other options there are. Some of my searching came up with a Brantly LD6, but that also seems to be hard to find.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Oddly, I called them approximately 3 weeks ago and didn't hear back from them. I was exploring the possibility of acquiring this but thought it'd be too much work. Hope you'll get it if it's still available!

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Oddly, I called them approximately 3 weeks ago and didn't hear back from them. I was exploring the possibility of acquiring this but thought it'd be too much work. Hope you'll get it if it's still available!
Really? That would have been about the time it was posted to craigslist. I originally tried emailing, then called and left a message. Maybe he sold it and didn't want to deal with people calling any more.

uler3161

Equipment
B6000
May 29, 2013
Orofino, ID
Anyone know if there are any older woods models that would be an easy fit? A new one that might work would be a BH6000, but it's out of my price range.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Anyone know if there are any older woods models that would be an easy fit? A new one that might work would be a BH6000, but it's out of my price range.
Woods 650 and 750 might be good candidates. I have a Kubota 4520 and a Woods 650/750 owners manual. It looks pretty obvious that Woods made the backhoes for Kubota in those days.