B8200 backhoe finally finished,fitted and working great...

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
As in the title really guys, my somewhat longer than expected backhoe restoration and refit project is now finally completed, and i must say that i'm very pleased with the results so far.
Its taken a lot longer than i had hoped to honest , mainly due to work commitments and family probs but got there in the end.
the backhoe has been pretty well rebuilt from the ground up with new bushes /pins seals etc all over with the exception of a few rams that did seem to be ok, and i didnt skimp on it either, if a pin was a little worn , i replaced it with a new item or fabricated the new part.
I had to fabricate a complete new 2- peice subframe from scratch to facilitate the fittment onto my B8200, one half is a permant fitment on the backhoe and the other half is a fittment on the tractor.
Anyway all turned out well.
tried it out today and it is a really great piece of kit, way more powerfull than i expected to be honest.

added one quick pic from my phone, but will upload more of the whole assembly etc in the next few days.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good,, but I have to ask ,,aint that boom a tad long for that little tractor??

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Looks good,, but I have to ask ,,aint that boom a tad long for that little tractor??
Thanks for the replies.
This backhoe is a B7100 fitment believe it or not, and my b8200 is a much larger size machine and it fits really well on it, probaly better suited to the B8200 to be honest as it carries the weight really well with only a small amount of extra weight added up front.
I've got 100kilo's of counter weight (5 suitcase weights) on a upgraded front subframe.
Max reach is a tad under 3.3meters .

I think it may also be that the pic makes it look longer, anyway , it does the job really well:cool::D

still going down...................

Attachments

Last edited:

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Sheesh...I wish mine was that long. :D

I'd like to see how your subframe and mounting worked out. There's never enough good pics for guys in need.