B7610 HSD shutting down

Foots1

Equipment
B7610HSD
Apr 15, 2014
Bahamas
I have a B7610 HSD that keeps shutting down when the forward or reverse gear pedal is depressed. It will run at all speeds sitting as long as the gears are not engaged. It seems to be an electrical fault of some kind as the engine does not appear to be loading up. It just dies. All fluid levels etc are correct ,fuel flow fine etc. Any suggestions? Is there some kind of safety switch on this?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Most likely there is a seat switch that is supposed to prevent movement unless there is a person sitting on it. These switches can be quite sensitive. While you check it, make well sure you don't run yourself over!

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Agree with GPruess most likely a safety switch and probably in the seat but could be one of several. Your Owner's Manual may have in it a step-wise process to check which switch might be stuck open or closed or failed altogether. Otherwise you just have to trace out the wiring for switches on clutch, seat, HS footfeed, PTO---or somewhere else (I don't know your particular machine).

Curious if you hear a 'click' just as the engine shuts down? If so the fuel solenoid is killing the engine, probably due to a safety switch activating.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

Foots1

Equipment
B7610HSD
Apr 15, 2014
Bahamas
Found the problem. The switch under the seat had an intermittent break. I checked it with a VOM before and it was fine. Checked again now and there was no continuity. Thanks:D