B7200D Hydraulic Lift Wont Stay Up

tdhays

Equipment
B7200D
Mar 28, 2011
Birmingham, Al
Got a 1986 B7200D that the hydraulic lift will not stay up when you move control lever to upward position. After just a few seconds on use in upward position, the control lever slowly travels downward thus lowering the implement.

Fluid changes about 50 hours ago and level looks good. Seen many post on similar problems, but hoping someone can point me in right direction.

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Not sure if your tractor is similar to my 1980 B7100, but had a similar problem when I bought mine back in Nov. 3 point hydraulics were strong & fast but would drift down. I could feel that there was no detent on the control lever in the neutral (centered) position. There is a large hollow bolt below the lever that has a coiled spring & a ball bearing that the spring forces into a divot on a tab on the control lever. Took it apart & the ball bearing was missing & no sign of it inside. Broke an old bearing apart & used one of the balls & reassembled everything. Problem solved - a nice solid detent in the centered position & the lever stays put. It has worked great blowing/plowing snow all winter. Previous owner bought the tractor 2nd hand used it that way for 20 yrs.

tdhays

Equipment
B7200D
Mar 28, 2011
Birmingham, Al
Thanks Piker. I think I have the same issue and was trying to over analyze the problem. I have no center detent feeling at all. I tightend up the control level bolt to better engage the springs which keeps the level less sloppy and stops the drift down. However, still have no center postion. I will dig into this more this weekend. Many THANKS!!